This time on my resubmits!! 🙂
I got my box back a week ago (yay!!), and had a few things to redo, but really not much! My sweater and hat (and related patterns) all passed, as well as my reports and book/magazine reviews. Whew!! I just had three swatches to redo or fix, and one mini swatch to submit showing a technique I had done wrong on one swatch. Several of my patterns and information sheets needed editing or more info added as well. And I had to add more info to 4 of my answers to the questions.
My swatch #1 needed redoing because a) I had too tight a gauge for the worsted weight yarn and b) I didn’t actually do a tubular cast on and bind off! Duh!! I don’t know what I was thinking – only that I must not have been thinking! I had done an invisible cast on and bind off, but not tubular! So, I had to do that one over, of course!! 🙂 (I’m still kicking myself on that one!!)
My Swatch #8 – the herringbone one, didn’t have the bind off done in pattern, so that one needed fixing. Instead of knitting the whole thing over I simply ripped out the bind off and did it correctly. Then I blocked it again.
So, my Swatch #18 – the slipped stitch swatch, passed, but my method of carrying the yarn on the side wasn’t ideal – it left a ‘barber pole’ effect. (My original swatch is in with resubmits, otherwise I’d show you a picture of the back of it to compare! Maybe when I get it back I can do that – to show the difference.) So, I had to knit a mini-swatch of my pattern showing the more appropriate method of carrying the yarn up the side.
Then my swatch #18 – the duplicate stitch swatch – was really good except for a couple spots where my weaving of my yarn ends showed through to the front, because I had done them wrong! (I forgot to take a picture of the swatch with the spots indicated, oops!) Anyway, this one I fixed by undoing all my yarn end weavings (even the ones not pointed out to me!) and redid them correctly. I would have ripped out the whole bottom of the S and done it over (because there’s still a spot or two that I didn’t like) but I have no more of the blue yarn to have it match! Yikes! I looked all over for more of the blue and can’t find it anywhere! I hope it passes as it is, otherwise I might have to do the whole swatch over again (I hope not, though!)
I worked my butt off over the weekend and got everything done and mailed it back in on Tuesday (which happened to be my birthday!) 🙂 So I was one happy gal!
Now it’s just another waiting game to see if I my resubmits are accepted or if I have more work to do. We’ll see – fingers and needles crossed!!
Happy Knitting everyone!!
2 thoughts on “More waiting…”
Not yet, not yet – but close!!!