Ok, so – I’ve been a bad blogger. lol. I can’t believe I never posted a SAFF recap, or at all since Rhinebeck. Oops. Forgive me?
I’ll bring you up to speed on all that has been happening in Heather-ville:
- SAFF last October was great – I taught 9 classes over 4 days, so it was non-stop teaching. I had very little time to roam the vendor hall. But I had fantastic students (as always) and had a fun (but exhausting) time!
- In November my family and I went to Walt Disney World, and got to see the new Star Wars Land. That was fun (of course!) Later in the month, we hosted our first guests at our new home for Thanksgiving, and had a very nice visit with family.
- In January I was supposed to teach an all-day workshop for our Guild, but I caught the flu and had to cancel. (Boo.) My whole family ended up with the flu, and that was no fun, but at least we were all staggered in when we had it – so there was someone to take care of the sick ones! (Thank goodness for older children and their ability to take care of themselves and others to an extent! If this had hit while the boys were little, it would have been a disaster!)
- I released my Rhinebeck sweater-vest pattern, finally: October Dreams is now available on Ravelry.
- In February I was appointed to the Board of Directors of TKGA, as their new VP of Education. I’m very excited about this – I believe very strongly in TKGA’s mission and am honored to be able to be a part of moving the organization forward.
That’s a quick update! Now, what’s in store in the future? 2020 is looking to be a very busy year for me!
I will be teaching a class this Sunday as part of Knitrino’s Virtual Knitting Extravaganza – check it out on Instagram if you haven’t heard about what they’ve whipped up in response to the postponement of Vogue Knitting Live Seattle.
Registration is open for the first TKGA Retreat this November in Portland, OR. I will be one of the two instructors at this year’s retreat (the first since the reorganization of TKGA as a non-profit.) It promises to be a fabulous event, and I am super excited about it! There are only a few spots left, from what I hear, so if you’re interested you should register ASAP.
Dallas Fort Worth Fiber Fest is fast approaching! I will be part of the team teaching on TKGA’s Master’s Day. And I will be there all weekend staffing the “Brilliance Bar” and roaming the vendor hall. Say hi if you see me!!
Later in April I’ll be participating in Unwind Retreat in Blowing Rock, NC. I love the people at this retreat so much that even though I am not teaching this year, I had to sign up to go. It’s such a fantastic retreat.
In June, I will be teaching a couple classes at the Blue Ridge Fiber Fest in Sparta, NC. ‘Short Rows’ on Saturday morning and ‘Entrelac Baskets’ on Saturday afternoon. Registration is open now, so go sign up for classes before they fill up!
I have some other things on the horizon later in 2020, you’ll have to stay tuned to find out about those. 😉
On my needles currently are some pillows to go along with the article I am writing for the upcoming issue of Cast On magazine. And I have some designs in my head that will need to get on the needles as soon as these pillows are done!
Whew! Ok, that’s my update. Now to try to do better at regularly blogging!
Until next time (hopefully sooner than 5 months from now, lol), Happy Knitting!!