I’ve decided that my one button band (the seed stitch one) needs to be redone, because the first buttonhole (OF COURSE it was the first one!) disrupts the seed stitch pattern where it shouldn’t. And I didn’t notice it until a day or two ago. HOW did I not see that?? Anyhow – that will get reknitted today or tomorrow.
I’m making good progress on the argyle sock:
I’m not getting gauge right now, but I’m thinking it’ll block to the required gauge. If not, I’ll either make a note that pattern gauge was knowingly not achieved (I’m not planning on wearing it anyhow) or I’ll knit another sock. It’ll all depend on how the finished sock looks when I’m done!
My other WiP that I meant to show you last Wednesday is my Spectra that the Thursday night knit-night group is doing as a knit-a-long:
I’m over halfway done – the main color is a grey Capretta from Knit Picks, and the contrast color is my own handspun – a sock weight BFL that I spun to have a long color change. This is a fun and mindless knit (once I figured out that I was doing it wrong and ripped over 30 wedges out and started over! oops!) I’ve been working on it when it’s not feasible to work on my Master Knitter stuff, like at knit night and other distracting places. So it’s slowly but surely getting done. 🙂
I’m planning on writing up my vest pattern soon, probably as soon as this first (and hopefully last!) sock is done, so I can knit that up. The end of the month is looming quickly, I may not make my self-imposed deadline! But, my husband and I have started on converting our one car garage to living space, so a lot of my knitting time has been eaten up by that.
We hope to have a new schoolroom and office plus utility closet when we’re all done. And we hope to have it all done by the end of Thanksgiving week, but we’ll see how it goes.
That’s what I have to show you this week! I hope to have a finished sock and maybe the start of a vest to show you next week!